This document from the National Collaborating Centre for Healthy Public Policy presents their findings from interviewing municipal staff in Canadian municipalities to find best ways for public health professionals to approach and share knowledge with their local municipalities.
Some quesetions that they might ask include:
- If I wish to share knowledge with a municipality, whom should I approach?
- What action is the municipality already taking in my field of work?
- How should I initiate contact?
- What types of knowledge do municipal civil servants find useful?
- How does one foster positive interactions?
- What time frame should be expected?
- Why formalize a collaboration with a municipality and what form should this take?
This resource is a part of a series of resources on knowledge sharing in the context of public policy development.