CAREX Canada webinar on occupational and environmental pesticide exposure
Join us for a webinar on pesticide exposure in Canada, taking place on Friday, June 25th, 2021. This webinar will focus on exposure to three commonly used pesticides in Canada – glyphosate, 2,4-D, and chlorothalonil – among agricultural workers and residents living near agricultural areas. The goals of this webinar are to explore pesticide use in Canada, summarize the health outcomes associated with exposure to the three pesticides, and share CAREX Canada’s new research on the number of workers and community members who may be exposed to pesticides due to agricultural pesticide use.
There will be ample time for questions and discussion.
This webinar is presented by CAREX Canada. We will cover questions such as:
- What pesticide sales and usage data are available in Canada, and what do they show us?
- How is the carcinogenic potential of a hazard assessed by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, and what do the different categories (e.g. carcinogenic, probable carcinogen, possible carcinogen) mean?
- What health effects are associated with these three pesticides?
- How many agricultural workers are exposed to chlorothalonil, 2,4-D, and glyphosate in Canada, and what is the likelihood of exposure?
- How many people in the community may be exposed to chlorothalonil, 2,4-D, and glyphosate in Canada due to their close residential proximity to agricultural areas?
The webinar will be recorded and posted as an online video with the purpose of sharing the content more widely. Attendees will not be identified in the recording, and the question and answer period will not be included.
- Organizations, researchers, and individuals interested in protecting the health and safety of agricultural workers and residents of agricultural communities.
- Kristian Larsen, PhD: Research scientist at CAREX Canada; Sessional lecturer in the Department of Geography and Planning at the University of Toronto
- Ela Rydz, MPH: Senior research associate at CAREX Canada.
For more information
- CAREX Canada - Environmental and workplace exposure to pesticides (2021)
|Event Date||Jun 25, 2021 10:00 to Jun 25, 2021 11:00|
|Posted by NCCEH||May 26, 2021|