Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA) - Public Health 2018
Public Health 2018 is the national forum where public health professionals, researchers, policy-makers, academics, students and trainees come together to strengthen efforts to improve health and well-being, to share the latest research and information, to promote best practices and to advocate for public health issues and policies grounded in research.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who is interested in improving the health and well-being of the entire population should be attending this conference. Public Health 2018 is the meeting place for a wide range of disciplines and sectors, at various career stages, all striving for a common goal. The conference may be of particular interest to: academics and researchers; students/trainees; policy-makers, administrators and managers; health promotion workers; front-line public health workers; media; people working in urban, rural, remote and small communities and anyone with an interest in public health.
Starting a year in advance, the Steering and Scientific Committees oversee the development of the scientific and social program. The Steering Committee develops conference objectives and learning objectives that shape the entire program through a range of session types, including:
- Plenary Sessions, planned by the Steering Committee, are keynote addresses or panel discussions that take place over the course of the conference on topics that appeal to all delegates;
- Collaborator Sessions, planned by each collaborating organization, align with the overall conference objectives and each organizational mandate;
- Workshops and Symposia, chosen by the Scientific Committee based on the open call for submissions and the results of the peer review process, provide delegates with concrete skills and insights on various topics;
- Oral presentations, selected based on the results of the open call process, are 12 minutes in length followed by a 3-minute discussion period. They are presented in groups of five based on key words; and
- Poster presentations, selected based on the results of the open call process, are displayed throughout the conference and are the focus of a special poster and networking reception.
|Event Date||May 28, 2018 17:30|
|Posted by NCCEH||Mar 13, 2018|